Monday, January 9, 2012

birthday

i woke up to my dear friend's voice.  asking if she woke me up.  to my confirmation she giggled and rejoiced that she could be the first to wish me a happy birthday.  then she promptly told me to sleep once again.  so i did.

then i woke up in plenty of time to get ready.  i had a lot of time to get ready.  which is good, my hair needed attention.  but it worked itself out quickly.  and i wore my prettiest dress.  and the hardest decision i made today was which shoes to wear.  turns out my grey flats aren't so versatile. 

church is in the wilk.  a mere 7 minute walk from my house.  glory. 

sacrament meeting was great.  fast sunday.  i was able to bear my testimony of the Gospel, it's truth and the ability we have to prove our knowledge and religion through the Book of Mormon.  Jesus Christ is real and living.  He is my Savior. 

instead of sunday school, i jetted to the provo temple and saw my deariest of dears for one half hour.  it was wonderful.
i love her. 

then back for relief society.  then home to change clothes.  i talked to the fam for a bit on the phone.  and then it was off to "second sunday" dinner.  lovely pasta with cousins and friends. 

talked to the older bro on the way out of there.  and headed right to my little birthday get together.  which turned out not to be so little.  the place was packed.  and i felt so so so loved.  so many of my provo friends.  and just so many hugs.  after the party died, my brilliant friend started a compliment circle.  a compilation of 10 friends each took a turn saying what they liked about me and some stated their favorite memories.  it was...maybe the best gift i've gotten.  it was really so lovely. 

thank you to all who contributed to this birthday.  here i come 2012.  no regrets.  the year of spiritual progression and dental hygiene. 24 is going to be a great age.

1 comment:

Miss K$ said...

your hair looks great in this pic.
i wanted to go to protown for celebrate mad day, but ive been under the weather and slept in my bed instead.