Thursday, November 20, 2008

my thumb got chopped off.

okay so, i haven't been telling the story over the phone to anyone, but here's what happened. i was in the studio late saturday night with my roomie lauren. i was fixing up the slip and there was one bowl that was being stubborn. it was essentially just a big mound of dried clay, and it wasn't coming out of the bowl. i guess i just don't know my own strength. i was holding the bowl with my right hand and pulling on the clay with my right. the bowl broke and i was really surprised, then i took a look at my hand that was probably going to be sore or something, i wasn't expecting much. there was just blood everywhere. i had caught a blood vessel. i had mikey hold the paper towels on it while i sat on the floor getting my head on straight and lauren called the paramedics. they told me not to go to the emergency room cus they wouldn't do anything. and there wasn't anything to stitch seeing as mikey had kindly thrown away the piece of my thumb left sitting in the bowl of clay. i'm now missing about a quarter of the pad on my right thumb. quite the night. its on the mend i guess. its going to get ugly so they tell me. and i will be half as productive in the studio now. wo to me. but i guess i've got my pride.

4 comments:

wsb said...

Dude I totally cut my thumb off sophomore year of high school. I had to go to the er because it wouldn't stop bleeding so they used a little silver nitrate to burn the sucker shut. I didn't even realize I was missing quite the chunk until the doctor asked me where the rest of my thumb was. Don't worry, it'll grow back, but it will hurt like a mother for a while.

brittna said...

wo to me - business is bad...I got no thumb! Ha ha - sad day. i made a puppy post.

Crystal said...

oh gosh, Im sorry, I bet that hurts

Rebecca Woolston said...

madeline! Your poor finger, I am so sorry for you. Your hair is so long! It makes me feel like I have been gone forever, I am so excited to see you!