Saturday, November 15, 2008

my vice

i don't know why, but i am addicted to looking at wedding invitations.

i am nowhere near getting married, nor do i run an invitation business. but finding websites like this make me want to start one! i absolutely cannot help myself. it could be my sister-in-law's obsession with stationary. but it could also just be my desire to look at pretty things. let me just say, there are some fugly invitations out there. and let me follow that up with, "don't be that guy!"

here is my advice, as an aesthetic snob:

-the simpler, the better
-earthy/muted colors only, do not go bright, you will damage eyes
-be reasonable with size, nobody likes getting a 6 by 6 inch square with someone else's name on it
-stick with one-two fonts, if you don't, people with start thinking they're dyslexic.
--fonts: not too loopy, make it legible
-put your parent's[or whoever raised you] name on there okay? they deserve some sort of recognition.
-be classy, do the double envelope.

nuff sed.

3 comments:

brittna said...

ooOOoOO I likey - that's a cool site. Ha ha aesthic snob?

brittna said...

ya i spelled that wrong..

MotherBeck said...

Why oh why did o click on that link? I have enough websites to waste my time...thanks a lot..