Thursday, February 23, 2012

a real human being

so, some days, i really really love being at my home by myself.  it feels like the perfect little thing i've been needing.  this evening i got a little time to myself.  lovely.  i feel like i'm finally listening to my body, and some days, you just need arepas, cookie dough and a bath.  and to paint your nails a new color.  even if the color doesn't really show.  maybe that's what i love most about it.

sometimes it's just plain old nice to treat your body like you love it.  like you know it.  like you notice it. 

i wish that taking care of a spirit was as easy. 

i guess i don't really know how i problem solve.  often i feel like i melt.  but as of recently, i haven't been so proactive about solutions.  i wish that i were.  i wish that there was a magical answer for the questions i have and also i wish that maybe i didn't enjoy not getting them so much.  i don't mean to say that i'm enjoying a little distance from spirituality or anything.  i just feel in full the range of human emotion and struggle. well, maybe not in full, but we all have our limits and our hardships. 

i just feel so satisfied with the fact that i am asking and wondering and searching and struggling and trying.  it feels like real life, even though i live in provo.  where dreams are dreamed(pronounced dreamt).

i've been thinking a lot about my future and graduate school.  also about leaving provo eventually.  and even though i may miss provo, the idea of being somewhere else sounds real nice to me.  really real.  living a different life, where i can read books and make food and have a significant income with rather limited expenses.  i can still do those things here, minus the income.  but in my brain, reading to read just can't happen without a substantial amount of guilt(that is paralyzing some times). 

in summation, i feel conflicted and filled with wonder concerning many things.  when i talk about them i feel passionate, and that feels great. although, some straight up answers/results could be great, i think. 

also, i got my piano back.  i've been playing it. 

2 comments:

Rebecca Woolston said...

Oh look you just posted today!
Sorry I haven't written you back (email). I've been busy trying to work and take care of your friend Sarah. But I loved this post! I love those days when I really take good care of my body like clip your nails put lotion on your feet, and all those other odd pampering things that are necessary just sometimes.

Also, having questions is what life is all about. Favorite ensign article ever is from June 2009 entitled faith, hope, and charity. Read it. Please. It's wonderful.

Another thing: real life is still super busy. Like I kept thinking oh I will have all the time in the world once I'm out of school but somehow there is just never time to read. Just a warning. Also, Provo is awesome. Savor every moment.

Thank you for sharing your life

brown_sheep said...

gotta love becca. and you. wish i was there to hear you tickle those ivories!